COVID-19 HEALTH, SAFETY AND WELLNESS POLICY
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Ubika Day Spa, Blue Mountains.
As we commence our journey of returning to business, it is important that we share with you some important updates and information pertaining to your Ubika spa experience.
Our spa has always had stringent guidelines when it comes to the safety and wellbeing of our staff and guests. We will continue to monitor the NSW Government and Federal regulations and adapt our policies to the changing environment.
In the interest of keeping our Ubika Spa community safe it is important that we all adhere to, and maintain these health recommendations, just as we have done prior to our closure
Please take the time to read the below information for your and our staff’s health and safety.
IMPORTANT CHANGES TO YOUR SPA EXPERIENCE
BOOKING PROCESS & YOUR ARRIVAL
– Bookings will be by appointment only, ensuring our pre appointment consultation forms and verbal checks are completed.
– Full name, DOB, contact number, address and email address will be required to confirm your appointment at Ubika Day Spa Blue Mountains.
– Walk in treatment bookings cannot be accommodated throughout this period.
– Stay at home if you are sick or are exhibiting symptoms of illness such as a fever or persistent cough.
– Ubika Day Spa will be greeting our spa guests with a no-touch welcome. Asking guests to thoroughly wash hands upon arrival and sanitizing prior to treatment.
– The use of credit/debit transactions is preferred, using our touch/swipe/no signature technology rather than cash.
– If cash transactions are unavoidable, staff members will wash and sanitize their hands after each transaction.
– If there is are lengthy delays between appointments alternative arrangement may be appropriate for example- waiting in your car until contacted.
– InfraRed temperature may apply.
– You will be required to adhere to our booking and cancellation policies, providing a credit card to secure your appointment.
– If you do need to cancel or change your booking, please let us know ASAP or at least 24 hours in advance.
– Clients who are sick, will not charge a cancellation fee throughout 3 Step Framework for a COVIDSAFE Australia plan
– Therapists will wash hands for 20 seconds with soap and warm water prior to treatment, and verbally notify guest that hands have been washed and then sanitized.
– All appointments will be scheduled to allow for thorough breaks in between appointments for cleaning and sanitizing of the treatment room and all touch points.
– During disinfect times, access to these areas will be limited.
– Staff and guests are to use our supplied personal protective equipment (PPE) during services, including disposable gloves and facemasks where applicable.
– As per Australian Health Guidelines, social distancing rules apply with the number of clients and team members on the premises at a time. (1 person per 4 square metres).
– We will be following NSW Government guidelines
– It is preferred that clients visit the spa alone, preferably not with friends or family or as a group, unless they have spa appointments booked.
– Ideally, we would like to escort you directly to the individual treatment room to be used, however understand your need for relaxation and restoration. As such our relaxation lounge will be available for you to use.
– Some areas of the spa will be marked with the social distancing requirements and the number of guests in our waiting area and relaxation lounge will be restricted to ensure social distancing guidelines are being met. This also allows our team to adequately disinfect and sanitize between each guest.
– No tester displays of Candles, Diffusers or Skincare products will be accessible.
– Treatment menus, magazines, books will be removed from reception or lounge spaces
– Every Ubika employee will have a fresh clean uniform with every shift worked.
– Every Ubika employee will be adhering to our strict grooming policy.
– Clients must not be barefoot when entering Ubika Day Spa. Clients should use their own shoes.
– We will not be getting Ubika guests changed into spa robes for the next three months until September 2020. Disposable slippers will be provided upon request.
– Our spa tea rituals and refreshments will be served in disposable eco-friendly cups.
– Disposable eco-friendly cups will be provided for drinking water.
– Ubika team members will be regularly sanitizing all communal areas, treatment rooms and restrooms according to our stringent guidelines and the NSW Health Department
– All staff and management are responsible for ensuring Ubika protocols are always being adhered to. Ubika will be conducting an in-house training plan for every employee.
– Our spa will have a designated Safety coordinator for each shift to ensure compliance; this will be the Spa Supervisor and/or Director of Spa and Wellness.
IN CASE OF SICKNESS
If a guest or staff member in the spa is sick or exhibiting symptoms consistent with COVID-19, we will take the following steps to reduce the likelihood of transmission: our Ubika Day Spa employees MUST notify management immediately.
– Ubika Day Spa Blue Mountains will always follow the regulations and guidelines provided by NSW Health department and Safe Work Australia
– Close off all area(s) used by the sick person
– Ubika Day Spa will engage the services of external cleaners to clean and disinfect the area(s)
Enjoy 90 minutes of customised pampering in Ubika Day Spa to release stress and revitalise your entire body, followed by an indulgent sparkling...Read more
- Revitalising Quandong & Bergamot Deep Conditioning Scalp Massage - Organic iKOU Australian Lemon Myrtle Body Scrub - Renewal Aromatherapy...Read more
Intuitively guide your mind and body to greater relaxation and energy balance. Our Nourish & Restore ritual combines rhythmic movements and...Read more