From breathtaking bouquets to centrepieces and daring bridesmaid dresses, summer weddings offer endless possibilities. We’ve taken the most popular inspiration, tweaked it with our wedding extraordinaire and brought you our top 10 summer wedding ideas.
1. SUMMER GARDEN THEME. If informal, relaxed and colourful sounds like your ideal wedding then look no further than a garden theme bursting with summer goodness.
2. BEAT THE HEAT. Have fans or umbrellas waiting for guests at the entrance of your ceremony to keep guests cool and comfy.
3. REFRESHING COCKTAILS. For an instant hit greet your guests with your favourite summer beverages and add a personal twist to cocktail hour.
4. CELEBRATE LONG INTO THE EVENING. Take advantage of the amazing weather and at this time of year with receptions that last all day or well into the night.
5. PERSONALISE table décor items to impress. Customise table runners, napkins, table numbers and centrepieces to add an intimate touch.
6. SUMMER FLOWERS. Make it easy for yourself from a financial and aesthetic perspective. Choose native flowers in full bloom, the bridal flower of the moment peony and the classic calla lily.
7. PLAN FOR THE WORSE. The sun may be shining but remember that the Aussie weather can be unpredictable. Keep a wet-weather option up your sleeve just in case.
8. LIGHT IT UP. Fireworks or sparklers bring a bang to your event and compliment that magical experience.
9. KIDS CORNER. Deciding on whether to have kids at your soiree? The perfect solution to kids on juice is a dedicated picnic area or kid’s corner with colour-in, card games and mini arts and crafts.
10. FUN FOR ALL. Surprise high heel fans with dancing shoes that will last the entire night and provide a box of flats in varying sizes.